Things to Ask Yourself When Purchasing a Home Theater Entertainment System
What kind of video display do you want?
One of the first things that you should consider when purchasing a home theater entertainment system is what type of video display you want. There are three main types of video displays:
- Flat Panels—Flat panel TVs are only a few inches thick and can be mounted on the wall or a stand. LCD and Plasma are the competing technologies amongst flat panel TVs.
- Rear Projection—Rear projection TVs come in very large sizes and are usually cheaper than their flat panel counterparts. LCD and DLP are the competing technologies amongst rear projection TVs.
- Front Projection—For a true cinematic experience, front projection screens are the way to go...if you have the proper room. Front projection screens involve a large reflective screen which displays images from a separate projector.
How much space do you have?
The type of video display and surround sound system that you choose is largely a matter of personal preference and budgetary constraints, but there are also some aspects of your room that you should take into consideration when making this decision:
- The size of your video display and surround sound system should be proportional to your room size.
- Your video display should not only be proportional to your room, but should be able to fit in your entertainment center or the space that you have available for a television.
- There should be enough space between the viewing area and the TV to provide for optimal image quality.
- Ambient light can affect the picture quality of your video display. For example, a room with a lot of sunlight would not be appropriate for a front projection video display since these devices only work well in dark rooms.
- Consider the acoustics of your room. A larger room that is not carpeted will generally need more speakers that are carefully configured to meet the acoustical challenges of your room.
How many speakers do you want?
5-7 speakers plus a subwoofer is ideal for the most realistic cinematic experience. If space or money is an issue, there are single box systems that can replicate the surround sound experience.
What’s your budget?
As with any major purchase, considering your price range before you start shopping is important. Make a list of the things you want in a home theater entertainment system and prioritize them. Look for a system that meets your top expectations and stays within your budget.
At Paradise Village, finding and installing the perfect home theater entertainment system has never been easier. We have been providing expertadvice on home electronics for over 25 years and offer our clients unbeatable support for all of our products and services. When you’re interested in getting the most bang for your buck, stop by Paradise Village to talk about your home electronic needs.
Call 505-881-6375 or stop by our showroom to make your
Albuquerque home theater dreams a reality!